Sunday, March 20, 2011

Write for me

Lately I've been unable to write.  I'm still inspired and I still have so much to share about our mobile odyssey.  But my time has been splintered into a thousand directions.  Filling out forms for the insurance companies, researching costs to replace my "lost personal property", uploading pics of my broken stuff, responding to new client inquiries, managing the business while David is in Rockport, sorting and cleaning our salvaged belongings.  And all my normal activities, like feeding, bathing, playing with and celebrating life with Sage.  I have not had the time to devote to writing.
On top of the time issue, I have been holding back a lot.  Keeping more of my thoughts to myself.  I'm not sure why but I think it's because I sense that I've lost my audience.  My posts are not interesting enough because I'm holding back, or maybe I'm holding back because I think I've lost my audience?  I don't know.

Really, it doesn't matter if anyone is reading this.  I mean, I would like to think that millions of screaming fans wait by their computers to knock back whatever word-concoction I've blended up today.  Come on.  We both know my blender's broken, and the only drink I'm serving up lately is tepid water.  Maybe that's how it should be.  Maybe this forum is just a place where I write for me, where I jack around with concepts.  The real writing -- the spicy, smoking hot stuff -- will be in print...for sale...and for an extra 5 bucks I'll even sign it for you.  Sounds about right to me.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment